cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

80G2 SSD stopped working (report 8mb- serial number: ChanCE conflict), f/w:2CV102M3

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Dear Support,

I just purchased an intel SSD 2 days ago (the 80GB G2 - 34nm).

It worked good, i updated the firmware without any problem (both IDE and AHCI, both MS and Intel drivers).

today, when starting my computer, the bios said the disk had an error , although it could recognize it as normally SSDSA2M080G2GC.

the main problem is that It report.... 0GB of storage! or 8 MB if i check on intel SSD updatedr.

Luckily, it is not my system drive yet...

Here are the clues i gathered:

-Smart does not seem to work.

-the serial number reported is ChanCE conflict (i google and only found some Korean page about it, regarding the same SSD).

Obviously, i tried several ports, several cables, and everything seemed fine....

I wonder what cause the problem. I hope it is not the new bios which is not totally polished...

Anyway, please help me!

I am quite a power user, so i can try several things to test the potential problems...

17 REPLIES 17

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

yeah HDDErase v4 works fine now. I used it recently on one of my Intel SSDs which had Gigabyte's infamous HPA placed on it for the BIOS backup (only 2MB or so). v4 wiped it without a problem.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi,

I just got the same problem.

I have had the disk for a year. Three days ago the system started getting problems (system hung). I managed to restart a couple of times but then was the SSD completely dead with the serial number reported as ChanCEconflict.

I'm RMA the drive now.

/Asus P6X58D PREMIUM, 2 Intel X25-M G2 in raid 0, Windows 7 x64.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi!

Serial # has been changed to ChanCEConflict here as well. Intel X-25 120GB and the drive lasted approx one week.

Mobo: Asus P5Q Deluxe

OS: Windows 7 64-bit Home SSD: Intel 120GB X-25 Error: Reboot and select proper boot device. Startup repair attempt: Startup repair cannot repair this computer. New attempt to install Windows: Windows cannot be installed. Disk0 Unallocated Space 8.0MB. Bought the Motherboard 2 years ago. Have not updated the BIOS. I made no changes except change the boot order of my hard drives. Used my SATA5 input as the others were occupied. The first time I installed Win7 on the new SSD a couple of weeks ago, I failed by keeping my other HDDs hooked up. That caused the boot to end up on one of the HDDs instead. Reinstalled with only the SSD and everything seemed to work fine. But no. When I got home from work yesterday (my computer is usually on), I came home to the "proper boot device" error as listed above. My BIOS recognizes the disk. Device Manager does too. But it's not listed anywhere else. A new Windows install attempt does as mentioned only recognize it as 8.0MB. Disk Management does not recognize it. Tried it in my laptop, did not recognize it. Except from playing around with custom themes and orbs for Win7 from DeviantArt, I can't remember doing anything I don't usually do in this short time. I also changed the browser.cache.memory.capacity for Firefox memory leaks.

Intel, are you reading these posts? Please answer to what this ChanCEConflict deal is all about. I'm buying an OCZ now, it will take time until I can trust your SSDs again. A no-warning meltdown for a hard drive is pretty serious. Regular HDDs would at least give you a heads up. Let me know if you want the log from View Drive Information in Intel SSD Toolbox.

Thanks!