cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any experience with boot times Windows 7 x64 with Intel SSD X25-M G2?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello,

I would like to have some insight about the boot times from windows 7 when Postville 80Gb SSD is used.

I have installed Win 7 x64 on the postville G2 and I am a bit surprised with the boot times I get. From Forums and reviews about Postville SSD, I have read that the boot time would be around 20 sec. I get 50-60 sec from the time I push the on button and the time I get an 'up and running cursor'. Is this normal. Below you will find my crystal disk mark data, which I think are in line with I have read from this community.

I run it in IDE mode and there are very few software installed. I have deactivated auto defrag and indexing, windows search service and swap file. I have successfully installed the 02HD firmware version.

Could you please help me on this,

Thanks a lot

Hypra

29 REPLIES 29

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I have 2x80gb x25-m with latest firmware in RAID-0

number crystalmark are

500-160

320-160

24-68

boot window7 in 22/23 sec (my antivirus bitdefender slow it down a lil)

my problem is more on the closing seem to take too long to turn off but oh well...

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

The only reason I mentioned the Intel drivers is that my system had them already installed. What happened is when I installed my 2x160GB drives and did the registry hack for MSAHCI and rebooted, set the AHCI on in BIOS, and went to boot the OS the system would BSOD. I tried a couple different configurations and no matter what MSAHCI wasn't loading. I went in and used the same method for msahci on the iaStor and iaStorV drivers and the system booted right in.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I am running a pair of X25-M G2 160's in RAID0 @ 503 MB/sec seq read. Using a stop watch - from the moment I click Start Windows 7 from my static BootIT bootmanager window (which really marks a solid Windows launch point), I get 25 seconds all the way through no hourglass with or without my startup items (using msconfig) enabled or disabled. Shutdown takes 8 seconds.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

i think normal starting time should be set between 20 and 25 but as i said some device like antivirus can slow down the effective start (when your cursor turn finally to arrow)

on the other hand my closing time can get 20/30 sec but i have a ram-disk and i make him save Disk Image on shoot down i am sure that count

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I guess i will give some times. Running 2009 unibody macbook pro 17 inch. Have 160GB Intel. Split the drive into OSX and Win7 64.

I timed mine from the start of the "starting Windows" message. It takes 15.75 seconds until i get the prompt for my password. After I enter my password it is less than a second before the desktop appears and i'm ready. One thing you should check is the startup programs. I disabled Real Player from startup because after i installed that program it took longer for my desktop to appear(more like 15-20 seconds) after I typed the password. The only thing that is starting up at windows launch are the nvidia programs and the Realtek program. Also, i've disabled Superfetch and pre-fetch.