Solid State Drives
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Solid State Drives
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
4367 Discussions

Any experience with the firmware update 02HD on a MacBook Pro (2008)

idata
Community Manager

Hi,

anybody made some experience updating the firmware on a Intel x25 G2 160 Gb with a MacBook Pro?

I'm still afraid - never change a running system.....

0 Kudos
7 Replies
idata
Community Manager

No reason to be worried, it works just fine. Back up your data first to a sparseimage file using Carbon Copy Cloner to another drive if you're worried. I did the update on my Fall 2008 Unibody MacBook 13" and it went just fine.

idata
Community Manager

I have a mid-2009 13" MacBook Pro with a G2 160GB SSD and it flashed fine.

idata
Community Manager

It has flushed fine as well on mine but, I only get Max of 200Mb read and 100 write... I've tested in Windows 7 x64 bit with HDTune and CrystalDisk. What an I going wrong? My drive is x25-m 160gb G2 02HD

idata
Community Manager

Hi Solaris41,

I know how you feel. I updated my Macbook Pro 17 and everything worked perfectly. I'm running OSX and Ubuntu 9:10. I split the drive 80GB a piece. For Ubuntu i'm pulling 220 MB/sec direct reads. Under OSX i benched the drive as approximately 200-205 MBsec on reads and 95 MB/sec on write.

Everything is working good.

idata
Community Manager

Mac? Whats a Mac? I thought they went out of business years ago?......

idata
Community Manager

Nope! iPod and iPhone saved em.

idata
Community Manager

I am using a 80 GB Postville SSD in my macbook and have recently updated the firmware to 02HD --> NO PROBLEMS (till now )