Intel® Optane™ Solid State Drives
Support for Issues Related to Solid State Drives based on Intel® Optane™ technology, Intel® MAS and Firmware Update Tool
435 Discussions

Any info on obtaining 'hotfix' for a NVMe express M.2 SSD? I have a NUC 5i5RYB with the 373 BIOS.

EGamm
Beginner

3 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

What are you talking about? Hotfix for what? The SSD? If so, what SSD drive are we talking about?

0 Kudos
EGamm
Beginner

I added a Crucial CT500P1SSD8 NVMexpress M.2 SSD to my NUC5i5RYB. OS is Win7. When I run the Acronis image application, wanting to have it recognize the new drive, it does not recognize the drive. Microsoft had a 'hotfix' posted at one time- but has been taken down. When I go to the BIOS it does show the "M.2 PCIe VENDOR ID: COA9:2263 so I know the mother board sees the M.2 drive- just cannot communicate with it . The Microsoft hotfix page implies there are drivers for this situation available- I am seeking that driver. I appreciate any input.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

It is certainly true that Windows 7 does not have a built-in driver for NVMe support (even the concept of NVMe didn't exist when Windows 7 was released). Microsoft developed a back-port of their NVMe driver for Windows 8.1/10 and made it available for download, but they have withdrawn this update as part of their effort to screw everyone who is still using Windows 7. All is not lost; there are a number of alternate locations available on the Internet for downloading the package - but be careful to do it from a reputable site. Here is the first one that I came upon in a quick google (it's on Lenovo's U.S. support site; thank you Lenovo): https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds105871.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos