cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any news on the dead 320 SSDs fix?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

There are a number of posts on the 320 series SSD failures, but I can't find any word on this except that Intel knows about it and is working on a fix, but we all seem to be wondering the same things:

Will the fix be only for functioning drives or will it also make busted ones usable again?

Will the fix restore our data or is it lost forever?

If the data is going to be lost no matter what, we can move ahead and replace the drive, but until we know, we're kinda stuck here. Even a "we're not sure yet" would be nice.

7 REPLIES 7

idata
Esteemed Contributor III
U R DAM RIGHT......

KOITSU

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

koitsu wrote:

I think you're forgetting that anything said publicly can/will be picked up by the media and review sites, which in turn could (will) have a detrimental effect on stock price, which directly upsets shareholders.

...and rightly so, I'm not happy at the time I have already had to waste over this flaw to correct Intels mistake.

I feel sorry for thoses not in as fortunate position as myself to recover from such a catestrophic error!

To compound things, I am now using a traditional drive with the expensive Intel product lying idle on the desk.

The longer this flaw exists without a fix and without updates from Intel the worse it looks anyway!

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

what if the flaw is on the hardware? may any firmware update bypass the hardware fault leaving the drive with no capabilities diminished?