cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else had a repeat 8mb brick on 320 ssd AFTER firmware update.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Had my 320 ssd for a month, all going well till a usb device BSOD my win7, rebooted to find my disk at 8mb. Waited for firmware update last wednesday as lots of forum discussion. Did Secure erase and firmware update to v1.9 and restored partition on friday. Today usb BSOD again (visual studio blow up, im a software developer) and rebooted to find the drive again 8mb. Anyone else had this problem, looks to me like the firmware update did not fix this type of issue.

Greg.

86 REPLIES 86

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

WARNING : Mine has just bricked again - 8MB. This time BIOS has issues recognizing it on boot. I used the replacement drive from Intel for about 6 weeks after applying the firmware update and now it is toast again.

600Gig 320 SSD

Running on Dell M6500 laptop using Dell docking station Win7 64 bit.

The failure might occur when the laptop goes to Sleep or wake from sleep, I think, I have hibernate disabled.

Intel - do you need any more info on this from me to help. I will report tomorrow....

John Rose

212-999-6566

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

My 600GB SSD 320 was bricked again a couple of minutes ago. First time bricked a month ago, did secure erase and applied firmware update. Now it is bricked again after waking up from sleep mode. Dell M6500, Win 7 x64, secondary drive.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

That's what I have when mine bricked both times - M6500, Win7 x64.

I was on a docking station both times...

Hello Intel - are u listening?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Ya the first time mine bricked was definitely from sleep mode as there were no power issues. Second time I'm almost postive it was either entering or leaving sleep mode. My guess is that this occurs under at least 2 circumstances. Intel fixed one of them, the power interruption scenario, not the sleep mode scenario. There could be other scenarios like hibernate as well....

EBERT2
New Contributor

Same issue: 1 month after updating to FW 4PC10362, System freeze, then after reboot: Serial number = BAD_CTX 0000013F and size=8,4MB.

iMac 27" core i5 MacOS 10.7.2, without TRIM (I used TRIM before).

I can't secure erase the SDD using Intel Tool as it needs to unplug/replug the SSD from SATA to bypass security and the SSD is embedded inside the core of the iMac.

Anyone has a solution to secure erase without accessing to the SSD?