cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are My Writes Slow?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

In comparing my benchmarks with other I have seen on this forum, I find that my read speeds seem similar to others but my write speeds are lower. This has been the case since the first benchmark run, right after setting up the new PC, so I'm guessing it's nothing to do with TRIM. Win 7 64-bit and my driver is msahci.sys, no RAID. Any thoughts as to why the writes are slower than others have reported?

Thanks,

Sally

26 REPLIES 26

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Here you will see the 160GB SSD has better Sequential Write speed than an 80GB SSD (first 80GB then 160GB):

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I forgot to ask, have you installed the latest firmware update 02HD? Oh, sorry, just looked at your pic and noticed you do have the latest firmware update.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

My mb is Asus P7P55D Core i5/i7 carrying 8g DD3 RAM and my processor is Intel Core i7 860 Processor, 2.80GHz Quad Core (overclocked to 3.46GHz for single threaded apps).

I'm guessing that the driver may also effect the speeds. I'm using the msachi.sys driver and I believe that I've read that the Intel drivers are faster. Is this a possible explanation?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Do you see the pics I posted above? I am using same driver as you.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Oh well. I guess this is just going to be one of those imponderables. But thanks for all the feedback.