cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are the SSDSCKKB480G801 and SSDSCKKB480G8 the same?

CHart20
New Contributor

Synology specifies that the only Enterprise grade ~500 gig SSD M.2 SATA modules that are compatible with their M2D17 SSD cache card is what they list as:

INTEL SSDSCKKB480G8 D3-S4510

When I search the web for that, the only thing I find is the

SSDSCKKB480G801 D3-S4510

I asked Synology support to confirm that either these are one in the same, or the G801 replaced the G8, or they are equivalents, or they made a mistake in their support document.

But they only said, they didn't know and that the burden is on me to make sure that I only use their approved SSD modules.

I did do some web searching to find out if these part numbers are equivalent, or not. But I could not find such documentation.

So, I'd like some help please in finding out definitively if the SSDSCKKB480G801 and the SSDSCKKB480G8 are the same, or not.

If they are not, where can I buy the SSDSCKKB480G8?

I have not been able to locate a source.

Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5

JosafathB_Intel
Valued Contributor

Hello CHart20,

Thank you for contacting Intel® SSD Support.  

Please review the following information related to the Intel® SSD D3-S4510 Series:

The difference is that one of the drives is sold as single pack generic and the second one as a 50 pack but they are the same drives at the end. In the following link: https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/134921/intel-ssd-d3-s4510-series-480gb-m-2-80mm... you can find the “Ordering and spec information” from there you can access to the “QDMS Search PCN Database” (https://qdms.intel.com/Portal/SearchPCNDataBase.aspx?mm=963511) the “PCN number” 117198-00 in the page 2 includes the information that you are looking for that is related to the package specifications of the SSDs.

I hope you find this information helpful.

Have a nice day.

Josh B.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

CHart20
New Contributor

Thank you very much Josh!

Intel product info is very complicated and hard to interpret.

Thank you for breaking it down.

-Chris

JosafathB_Intel
Valued Contributor

Hello CHart20,

Thank you for your reply; you are more than welcome. It has been a pleasure. We are glad to hear that you find that information helpful.

We would like to know if you need further assistance or if we can close this community thread.

If you need further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,

Josh B.

JosafathB_Intel
Valued Contributor

Hello CHart20,

We were reviewing your community post, which is related to your Intel® SSD D3-S4510 Series, and we would like to know if you need further assistance.

Have a nice day.

Best regards,

Josh B.