cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are the SSDSCKKB480G801 and SSDSCKKB480G8 the same?

CHart20
New Contributor

Synology specifies that the only Enterprise grade ~500 gig SSD M.2 SATA modules that are compatible with their M2D17 SSD cache card is what they list as:

INTEL SSDSCKKB480G8 D3-S4510

When I search the web for that, the only thing I find is the

SSDSCKKB480G801 D3-S4510

I asked Synology support to confirm that either these are one in the same, or the G801 replaced the G8, or they are equivalents, or they made a mistake in their support document.

But they only said, they didn't know and that the burden is on me to make sure that I only use their approved SSD modules.

I did do some web searching to find out if these part numbers are equivalent, or not. But I could not find such documentation.

So, I'd like some help please in finding out definitively if the SSDSCKKB480G801 and the SSDSCKKB480G8 are the same, or not.

If they are not, where can I buy the SSDSCKKB480G8?

I have not been able to locate a source.

Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5

JosafathB_Intel
Valued Contributor

Hello CHart20,

We have not heard from you since your last post 10 days ago, please; let us know if you need further information related to the Intel® SSD D3-S4510 Series. If you are still interested in purchasing the SSDSCKKB480G8 we advise you to contact one of our Intel® Authorized Distributors (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/partner/where-to-buy/overview.html).

We will be looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,

Josh B.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

A Contingent Worker at Intel®.