Intel® Optane™ Solid State Drives
Support for Issues Related to Solid State Drives based on Intel® Optane™ technology, Intel® MAS and Firmware Update Tool
432 Discussions

Authorized Vs Non Distribution and warranty claims.

RCoul1
Beginner

Hi, need some advice please.

Does the warranty still apply if the product has been sourced from a non franchised source? ie, can I approach Intel directly for my warranty claim.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Ralph

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello xel001,

For warranty claims, you can always contact the authorized distributor or reseller to get a replacement. As well, you can contact our support department (Phone, chat or email) in order to validate your warranty and availability to claim the warranty.

Please let us know if you have any other question.

Regards,

Nestor C

0 Kudos
RCoul1
Beginner

Hi Nestor, I understand that the drive is EOL so if I purchase out of franchise, where I can still find product, will the Intel warranty still stand in the unlikely event of failure?

Please confirm.

Thank you.

Ralph Coulter

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello xel001,

Even if an SSD is EOL, you can always check the warranty information on it using the ISN in the https://supporttickets.intel.com/warrantyinfo following link. (You need to select Memory and Storage and then put the ISN).

If the ISN shows that it is still under warranty, then you can ask for RMA in the support department. So, to answer your question, yes, you can request the SSD to be replaced.

Regards,

Nestor C
0 Kudos