cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BSOD just after Windows 7 64 install with the new Intel SSD 330 Series - Need help !

SMORT2
New Contributor

Hi all !

I've just bought the new Intel SSD 330 Series - 120GB for my HP Probook 6450b laptop.

I try to install Windows 7 64 bits without success.

Just after the install process, after the first login, I have a BSOD to prevent damage on my computer.

Then, my computer reboot in loop !

I check the SSD firmware : it's the lastest !

I try in AHCI or IDE mode : it doesn't work !

I try to update the BIOS.. nothing better !

Do you think that I have to fill a RMA form for my SSD or have you got tips to successfully install my drive ?

I read that there are lots of problems with sandforce controller and Windows 7 64..

Thank you,

Bye !

7 REPLIES 7

Charles_F_Intel
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

I am an SSD tech at Intel, and I would like to help you more with this issue, but I need to understand the failure more. Have you tried this several times to understand if it repeats? Do you have another SSD or HDD that you can try the same process with and see if it fails? You say this happens after first login. After Windows install, it boots into OS and starts to load appropriate drivers for devices in system. Windows will then request user to reboot to accept driver changes. When does the BSOD happen during this process?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi,

same issue with my WIn 7 x64... and SSD 330 / 180 GB...

Running a Dell Latitude e 6520 with latest bios an drivers / all MS Hotfixes...

A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage

to your computer.

The problem seems to be caused by the following file: ntoskrnl.exe

CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen,

restart your computer. If this screen appears again, followthese steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed.

If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturerfor any Windows updates you might need.

If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware

or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing.If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restartyour computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup Options, and thenselect Safe Mode.

Technical Information:

*** STOP: 0x000000f4 (0x0000000000000003, 0xfffffa8008ffab30, 0xfffffa8008ffae10,

0xfffff80002dd68b0)

*** ntoskrnl.exe - Address 0xfffff80002ad2c40 base at 0xfffff80002a56000 DateStamp

0x4e02aaa3

to your computer.

If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturerfor any Windows updates you might need.

or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing.If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restartyour computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup Options, and thenselect Safe Mode.

Technical Information:

*** STOP: 0x000000f4 (0x0000000000000003, 0xfffffa8008febb30, 0xfffffa8008febe10,

0xfffff80002d848b0)

*** ntoskrnl.exe - Address 0xfffff80002a80c40 base at 0xfffff80002a04000 DateStamp

0x4e02aaa3

to your computer.

Technical Information:

*** STOP: 0x000000f4 (0x0000000000000003, 0xfffffa800900b730, 0xfffffa800900ba10,

0xfffff80002dd88b0)

*** ntoskrnl.exe - Address 0xfffff80002ad4c40 base at 0xfffff80002a58000 DateStamp

0x4e02aaa3

running it on my "normal" hdd everything is fine...

Hello !

My new Intel SSD 330 series is now OK with my HP Probook 6450b !

Here's the how to :

1/ Set the BIOS in AHCI mode.

2/ Install the lastest RST and AHCI Drivers (ver. 10.0.0.1046 downloaded from Intel website) at the very beginning setup of Windows 7 (Install specific driver to handle the drive

3/ Finish the installation of Windows 7.

My SSD works perfectly since few days !

Thanks again for your help !

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi,

I have the same problem as well with the INTEL 330 SSD and Win 7 64bit.

The same message of "A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage

to your computer........" has been appear on BSOD when simple task (typing, surfing website, copy files etc) has been taken place with my new build computer.

I'm not an expert on computer, so more information on how to fix the problem would be highly appreciate!

Could you explain more on "how to install the latest RST and AHCI Drivers (ver. 10.0.0.1046 downloaded from Intel website) at the very beginning setup of Windows 7 (Install specific driver to handle the drive"? I have no clue on how to do it.

Many thanks for your help!