cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad drive?

MarkM
New Contributor

Hi,

Is my Intel SSD 540s Series 480GB drive going bad?  

I have it in a Nuc.  I ran the Intel SSD Toolbox and attached is the result.  It says, “Error: an error was detected reading data from the selected intel SSD....”

In windows explorer, it takes a long time to load a folder with a bunch of videos files in it.  I would see the cursor wheel just keep spinning.  The pc would then freeze after while and I would then do a hard boot.  This is the symptom I’ve seen so far.

If it’s going bad, would it be covered under any warranty?  It’s been several years already.

Thanks. 

Mark

9 REPLIES 9

HI Josh,

The MAS tool says the my firmware LSBG200 is out of date.  However, I am not able to update the firmware because the button is grayed out.  Please look at screenshot.  

Mark

MarkM
New Contributor

Any solutions?

Hello MarkM,

Thank you for your patience.

We do apologize we did not receive a notification regarding your reply until today.

Please try to update your SSD firmware by using the Intel® SSD Firmware Update Tool (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29555/Intel-SSD-Firmware-Update-Tool?product=80097)

For a guide on how to use this tool please visit the User Guide (Intel_SSD_FUT_User_Guide.pdf)

https://downloadmirror.intel.com/29555/eng/Intel_SSD_FUT_User_Guide.pdf

*We provide links to third-party tools and sites for your convenience. We don't necessarily endorse the content, products, or services offered there. We don't offer support for third-party tools.

* Perform a complete system and information backup on the Intel SSD to make sure no data is lost during the process. Intel® is not responsible for any data loss that might occur.

We will be looking forward to your reply letting us know the results.

Best regards.

Josh B.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel®

Hello MarkM,

We were reviewing your community thread, which is related to your Intel® SSD 540s Series, and we would like to know if you were able to review our previous post and if you needed further assistance.

Have a nice day.

Best regards.

Josh B.

Hello MarkM,

We were reviewing your community thread, which is related to your Intel® SSD 540s Series, and we have not heard back from you in a while, so we will proceed to close this inquiry now.

If you need further assistance, please post a new question.

Best regards,

Josh B.