cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad experience with intel 540s ssd drive !!

SReuv1
New Contributor

Hi there ,

i bought the intel 540s 1TB 2 monthes ago ,

after installing it i ran the ssd toolbox to see info about the drive ,

the ssd toolbox wasnt able to retrive information from the drive , i contacted support and they told me its not important ,

ok i skipped this problem and didnt run the ssd toolbox,

after a while i wanted to check the firmware version and i noticed the firmware wasnt updated ,

i updated the firmware and drive stopped working , i tryed again to contact your support (check other threads i wrote)

still drive not working , i gave the drive back to the store i bought , and changed it to diffrent drive !!

NO MORE INTEL FOR ME!

i had really bad experience from your support and from the disk intel

i guess intel is only good at processors and not on other products ,

sorry but after i lost all my data and after the support didnt show any way to try solve the problem ,

im not gonna buy any intel 3rd party products or recommend any to my co-workers / friends .

VERY BAD EXPEREINCE!

5 REPLIES 5

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

pshy0X,

We understand you had a situation with this SSD; however, we would like to know if you were getting any error message while running the firmware update.We do know there is another thread with a similar case, but we need to know if you got the same error messages.Please check your private message.As for the use of our Intel® Solid State Drive Toolbox, we need to verify if there is any thread that shows it is not important.NC

SReuv1
New Contributor

like i said , i tryed to update it , the update said it failed , restarted and the hdd wasnt found

all data lost!!

no support from you guys!

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Psyh0x,

We really apologize to hear that you had this bad experience with your SSD. This seems to be an isolated case as we have not received any other reports of this situation. We are always here to assist with any problem you may experience and honour the warranty of the product.NC

SReuv1
New Contributor

there were just too much fails on the road since i bought this ssd

first the ssd toolbox didnt worked right with it ,

second the firmware update didnt worked since the graphics settings on the iso couldn't fit my screen ( why dont use windows to flash the firmware??)

then i changed it to another computer just to update the firmware

then the update failed ,

hdd wasnt recognized by computer

i wrote you for 3 days - forums - chat wasnt available - and thats after i was openning two threads - and i saw the support answered others and igonred me ,

i had to go change it , i dont have time for this games . all my data was lost and i was lucky i managed to had backup to some of it ,

some i could never find ,

whats piss me , is that long road i needed to go just to update the firmware and then it failed!

sorry intel , but in general my last experience with your products are very bad ..

im working in major company , and we buy lots of your products , so i get to managed and check lots of your products ,

alredy had problems with your NUC computers ssd drives , gfx cards , and also others,

please start pay attenition to your customer needs ,

the whole support system looks very good , but its worth nothing if it takes 3-4 days to answer a question or support unavailable

just take it as recommendation for your next customers .