cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Benchmark read graphs do not show flat line

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Benching with HDTach/HDTune, I'm not getting the flat relatively smooth lines on my read graphs that I was expecting and have seen in reviews of this SSD and others.

Do I have a bum drive? I have a few large dips in performance, one right near the beginning of the drive.

It is a Win 7 OS drive, however, the testing is done when the drive is not the current running OS, I use a Raptor with Win XP to bench the Intel 160 G2.

SSD was made in March of this year. No RAID. AHCI enabled (ICH10R). Intel Toolbox ran.

14 REPLIES 14

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I originally ignored it because I already stated in my OP that I wasn't benching FROM the same drive that's being tested.

So unless you're saying that running programs on a completely different disk or being connected to the internet affects a secondary disk acting as a data drive... I'm not sure there's anything to investigate there.

The results are consistent across at least those 2 programs, AND when I actually DO run the benchmarks FROM the Intel G2 drive (in Windows 7)

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I'm not sure that is it though. As i seen numerous test with the ssd as a active os drive on the internet testing showing flat lines.

deusfaux,

Have you been able to change systems settings and see if that affects results or been able to try the drive on another system? This is unusual behavior and seems like there is some system interaction with the SSD causing the drops.

Regards,

Brady

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I do not have access to another system on which to test the drive. That's investigating some kind of hardware issue with my motherboard and build?

What system settings would you have me change? I'm already trying 2 different operating systems.

You might try a different benchmark program , I've found ATTO to be the most reliable ???