cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Benchmark read graphs do not show flat line

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Benching with HDTach/HDTune, I'm not getting the flat relatively smooth lines on my read graphs that I was expecting and have seen in reviews of this SSD and others.

Do I have a bum drive? I have a few large dips in performance, one right near the beginning of the drive.

It is a Win 7 OS drive, however, the testing is done when the drive is not the current running OS, I use a Raptor with Win XP to bench the Intel 160 G2.

SSD was made in March of this year. No RAID. AHCI enabled (ICH10R). Intel Toolbox ran.

14 REPLIES 14

But James is right you have to stop all programs from running in background , like norton or anyother security program and you have to be off line .

Correct Voltage is something else to look at a PSU that fluctuates can cause the same thing.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

It's a shame you don't have another system to quickly throw it in and compare. (Ideally with ICH9 or 10 chipset).

I suspect you will do a lot tinkering just to find out it is hardware system related issue and it would be really quick to find that out by running it on another system.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

What else are you running when you do the benchmark?

To get consistient results, stop all applications and disconnect from the Internet (just unplug modem if you have cable).

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I have a couple of ideas, but first please post your drive configuration. In my BIOS it is found under DRIVE CONFIGURATION / ADVANCED. Include all SATA devices shown in priority order. Do NOT move any SATA cables, just post the information.