cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bios A10 on Dell Precision 6500M don't recognizes Intel SSD Pro 2500 series 360GB - is there a solution

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I want to install a Intel SSD Pro 2500 series 360GB in a Dell Precision M6500M but the Bios version A10 don't recognises the disk.

Is it possible that i have to do some updates to the SSD itself ?

10 REPLIES 10

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello Bosser,

We understand your Intel® SSD Pro 2500 Series is not detected by your system, not even at BIOS level.We have some questions for you:-Are plugging the SSD directly to the SATA port in your mobile device?-Have you tried plugging it as external drive? (Using USB enclosure)-Was the SSD working previously?-Could you test the SSD in a different computer?Please let us know so we can further assist you.Regards,NC

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

- Yes i try to connect in the SATA port, there are two of them int he computer, when used, neither one are detected by the BIOS.

- The previous system configuration was a RAID 1 with to HDD, i changed this to AHCI before cloning the HDD to the SSD, so the configaration is AHCI at the moment. The HDD is booting in AHCI modus, but the SSD isn't recognized by the BIOS.

- I have connected the SATA with a USB connector to the PC to clone the existing HDD, and when atached to a another computer with the USB connector the SSD is visible.

- I didn't test the SSD in another computer because probably de drivers aren't correct ... or doesn't that mather ?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi Bosser,

So if the SSD is detected when you use it with an USB enclosure in another computer, this means either the system does not support it or there is a compatibility issue.Have you contacted Dell* in order to check compatibility? - You can also check with them if there is any special setting you need to change in the system's BIOS for this SSD to work.We will be waiting for your response.Regards,NC

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello Bosser,

We would like to know if you contacted Dell* already or if you requires further assistance from us?We will be waiting for your response.Regards,NC