cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bit 14 must be 1 and I have 0

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I used the SSD Toolbox to check my drive and found what looks like a problem. Under Trusted Computing Feature Set Options: Bit 14 must be set to 1--and I have 0. What does that mean and how do I correct it?

6 REPLIES 6

Charles_F_Intel
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

According to ATA ACS spec, bit 14 must be set to 1 if the Trusted Computing feature set is enabled by bit 0 = 1. We don't support Trusted Computing feature set at this time(bit 0 = 0), so bit 14 is irrelevant. However, I do agree this is confusing wordage in the description and Intel will need to correct this description in future release for toolbox.

Regards,

Brady - Intel Solid-State Drive Guy

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Thanks, I was going a little bananas over that wondering what it was and what I could about it. On another note, Windows 7 64-bit has Superfetch, Prefetch, and ReadyBoost enabled, and shouldn't they be disabled with SSD?

Check out this site:

http://blogs.msdn.com/e7/archive/2009/05/05/support-and-q-a-for-solid-state-drives-and.aspx http://blogs.msdn.com/e7/archive/2009/05/05/support-and-q-a-for-solid-state-drives-and.aspx

Windows* 7 should be disabling them for SSD automatically - as long as SSD is reporting device ID info properly - but you'll also want to give the OS some idle time to process the SSD settings and turn off the processes.

Regards,

Brady

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I read that article and that's why I am surprised those options are enabled. How do you want me to check if my SSD is reporting the info correctly? By the way, I know how to disable Superfetch and PreFetch, but I don't see how to disable ReadyBoost.

I checked in Services (Local) and SuperFetch is set to Automatically. I can change that to Disabled, should I do that? I can also disable PreFetch but will probably get error/warning reporting in Windows log file,

Message was edited by: ambizytl