cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bom dia! Tenho um SSD Intel 540s 120GB, gostaria de saber se ele já vem habilitado o OP (Over-Provision). O software da Intel SSD Tools não mostra nenhuma informação sobre isso

PBeen
New Contributor

Segue abaixo uma imagem do SSD-Z e informa que o Over Provision está em 0,0%. Fui informando que no SSD da samsung no software deles pode configurar, mas no da Intel não mostra essa opção, já vem de fabrica?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Esteban_C_Intel
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

PBeen,

Intel(R) Solid-State Drives come pre-configured with 7% to 10% over-provisioning space.

This is beyond the advertised drive capacity and is not visible to the end user. For example: 550GB - 7% (38GB) = 512GB.

As a result, it is not necessary for you to manually over-provision their Intel(R) SSDs.

Regards,

Esteban C

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Esteban_C_Intel
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hello PBeen,

Thank you for contacting the Intel Communities.

I would like to research this matter to give you a proper answer on whether or not the Intel(R) SSD 540s Series support over provision or not.

Please allow me some time to do my research and get back to you.

Note: Please be aware the support language is English only.

Regards,

Esteban C

Good afternoon Esteban.

I'm waiting, because I really need this information, because as I learned, over provision improves the performance and life of the SSD.

Other manufacturers like Samsung this function can be configured with the Magican application.

I'm waiting.

See you.

Esteban_C_Intel
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

PBeen,

Intel(R) Solid-State Drives come pre-configured with 7% to 10% over-provisioning space.

This is beyond the advertised drive capacity and is not visible to the end user. For example: 550GB - 7% (38GB) = 512GB.

As a result, it is not necessary for you to manually over-provision their Intel(R) SSDs.

Regards,

Esteban C

Esteban_C_Intel
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

PBeen,

Please review the answer selected as "Best Answer"

That contains the information related to your question and how over provision works with Intel(R) SSDs.

Regards,

Esteban C