cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Booting from Intel 1.2TB 750 SSD

DOlds
New Contributor

Hi all,

I'm having a hell of a hard time getting my 1.2TB Intel 750 SSD to boot Windows 10. I installed the SSD correctly and it was recognized by Windows just fine. I then ran the Acronis 2018 Clone drive tool and cloned my existing Windows drive to the 750 - and all seemed well. However, when I disconnect the spinning hard drive and try to boot from the 750, I don't see it in the boot menu or listed anywhere in the bios.

I have a Supermicro X10DRG-Q motherboard with two Xeon processors. I also have 128GB of RAM and no other drives connected. Does anyone have any tips for me? I really need this to work since I'm writing an article about this system for publication in an HPC-related online news site.

Thanks in advance!!

Dan

3 REPLIES 3

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello Danolds,

Thanks for posting in our communities.We understand that you're having problems to boot from your Intel® Solid State Drive 750 Series after cloning the data from a the previously installed drive.In order to better assist you, we would like to know the following:- What's the original drive make and model?- Was the original drive partition system MBR (booting in Legacy Mode) or GPT (booting in UEFI mode)?- Is the option "Fast Boot" disabled on BIOS (if present)?- Is your Intel® Solid State Drive 750 the 1/2 Height or 2.5" version?Best regards,Eugenio F.

DOlds
New Contributor

Hey Eugenio,

Thank you for the quick reply. I think I fixed my own problem. I simply changed the boot mode for all devices to UEFI, then re-installed the o/s (Windows 10) in UEFI mode and everything worked! So I'm good now!

Dan

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello Danolds,

We're glad to hear that you were able to solve the issue by switching the boot mode and reinstalling the operating system.Please post again if anything else is required.Best regards,Eugenio F.