Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brand New FROZEN 730 240 GB SSD Out Of The Box Error Code 0XC00000E9

LAlex
New Contributor II

Brand New 730 Series 240 GB SSD

Mother Board Asus Rampage 4 Black Edition

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 BIT.

The SSD is recognized in BIOS under Sata. Under Boot Devices the SSD is showing and the correct Sata Port ACHI Mode. Second Boot Device

Changed the optic drive and made a second attempt thinking the Optic drive could be bad. Still have a Error code 0XC00000E9 indicates a bad SSSD drive. All of the Sata Cabels are brand new installed a different Sata Cabel to make sure it was not a bad cable. Checked in BIOS under utilities/Asus Secure Erase tool. The Intel 730 is listed how ever it shows the SSD as Frozen you cannot install windows to the SSD when Frozen. Did not run Asus Secure Erase on the SSD was not sure if it would be safe to run. Could permanently damage the SSD.

Brand new SSD and computer build. Do not want to clone the SSD this is a new computer build.

Any help with the issue would be appreciated the vender will not take back the SSD or do an exchange the SSD is 4 hours old.

6 REPLIES 6

sstar5
New Contributor

I have a similar problem, i installed one 240G and it works fine, i installed a second one same make model, and it's recognized in the device manager, but not in the computer? it shows only one drive....??? running windows 7 on a dell optiplex 790

Jose_H_Intel1
Valued Contributor II

The drive might need to be initialized in Disk Management (Computer Management).