Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug in Intel Solid State Drive Toolbox v3.2.1.exe

LAnde10
New Contributor II

Below are the relevant details:

Hardware

Intel 530 series 240GB SSD (firmware upgraded to latest version)

Intel i5-4570 CPU with Intel HD 4600 integrated

Asus H87-PRO motherboard a/k/a mainboard a/k/a desktop board

Dell monitor U2312HM

Software

Dell monitor driver for U2312HM

Intel® Iris and HD Graphics Driver for Windows* 7/8/8.1 64-bit ( File name: win64_153318.exe Version: 15.33.18.64.3496 )

Microsoft Windows 8.1 with SP1, 64-bit, US English

Microsoft Windows 7 with SP1, 64-bit US English

After installing Intel SSD Toolbox v3.2.1 and rebooting my computer,my monitor is unable to display anything. All I got is a black screen.

I have no choice but to reinstall Microsoft Windows OS, the Dell monitor driver and Intel's driver for the Intel HD 4600 integrated graphics. This time I did not install Intel SSD Toolbox v3.2.1.exe (the moment I install the said Toolbox software and reboot my computer, all I get is a black screen.)

I believe there is a serious bug in the Toolbox software.

Could someone software/hardware engineer from Intel look into this issue please?

Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5

Hello Joe,

Here's my latest feedback.

I happened to read a post by your colleague, Robert, about the availability of the latest version of Intel HD 4600 graphics driver ( ). I also noticed that it is the same one recommended by Sylvia, another colleague of yours.

I downloaded and installed it.

To my surprise, the issue with Intel SSD Toolbox v3.2.1 disappeared. I don't know whether the resolution is temporary or permanent. I will test my computer for another month or two and will feedback here if the same issue crops up again.

In any case, I wish to thank you for taking the time to look into my issue.