Intel® Optane™ Solid State Drives
Support for Issues Related to Solid State Drives based on Intel® Optane™ technology, Intel® MAS and Firmware Update Tool

Bug intel® Memory and Storage Tool

A_V
Beginner

Dear community, I immediately apologize for my English. I have in the system 2 Intel® SSD 545s Series. At 512GB Windows 10 PRO - x64 system is located, and there is a swap file on 128GB. After upgrading to 20H2 on the system drive Intel's optimization stopped working Intel® Solid State Drive Toolbox, before it could start issuing an error, at the same time on the disk with a pumping normally works. After intel® Memory and Storage Tool (GUI) the situation does not change. The Intel® Driver and Support Assistant app speaks to the relevance of drivers. I wish I could, understand, given that the situation is not one of them, it is a Windows or Intel bug® Memory and Storage Tool (GUI), which this will have an impact on the drive and whether there will be a fix.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, @A_V.

Good day, and thank you for contacting Intel Community Support.

I received your thread regarding the optimization error, I will be glad to assist you.

The error encountered while trying to use the optimizer is still being investigated, but there is another option for you if using this feature is required as it can be executed directly from the OS, please review the following article:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057205/memory-and-storage.html

If there is anything else, please let me know.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

2 Replies
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, @A_V.

Good day, and thank you for contacting Intel Community Support.

I received your thread regarding the optimization error, I will be glad to assist you.

The error encountered while trying to use the optimizer is still being investigated, but there is another option for you if using this feature is required as it can be executed directly from the OS, please review the following article:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057205/memory-and-storage.html

If there is anything else, please let me know.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A_V
Beginner

Hello Bruce ! Thank you for taking the time to answer me. I watched this temporary solution. I hope Intel engineers will find a solution soon.
With respect A_V.

0 Kudos