cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[CLOSED] SSDSC2KG960G701 detection with idrac8 DELL R730Xd ?

JELIS
New Contributor

Hi, i have buy SSDSC2KG960G701 version J52603-002 but it's not detect in idrac9 on DELL R730xd (controller HBA330). The disk work in guest OS but not detected in Idrac8.

I have ask to DELL support , they tell to contact Intel support....

EDIT : Not idrac9 but idrac8

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JosafathB_Intel
Valued Contributor
Hello JELIS, Thank you for your reply, We are glad to hear that by updating the firmware of your controller and the VMware* drivers the idrac8 is now able to read some information from the SSDs. Regarding your question: How can I calculate the life expectancy of the drives ? or detect a predictive failure of Intel SSDs ?” The difference between the SSDs that you get from Dell* and the ones from Intel is the Firmware and the features that the Dell firmware includes like the option to get information about the life expectancy in idrac8 directly, in our SSDs this information is normally extracted using DCT but as you mentioned since you drive is connected to an HBA330 that could interfere with the communication between the SSD and the tool. The information that you extracted from ESXi seems to include the information about the drive health status and can be used as a reference in order to discard any issue with your hardware. This being said up to this point the best option is to extract the logs from ESXi and to check the following parameters. 1. Health Status 2. Media Wearout Indicator 3. Write Error Count 4. Read Error Count We hope you find this information useful. Best regards. Josh B. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

JosafathB_Intel
Valued Contributor
Hello JELIS, Thank you for contacting Intel® SSD Support. In order to further assist you regarding your inquiry related to your Intel® SSD DC S4600 Series. We will appreciate if you can provide us with the following information: • The SSU logs. 1- Go to https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/ and download the software. 2- When finished downloading it, open it. 3- Attach the file obtained to your reply. • The SMART logs extracted from your Intel® SSD DC S4600 Series. The Intel’s Data Center Tool (DCT) can be used to read out the SMART attributes to download this tool please follow this link: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28460/Intel-SSD-Data-Center-Tool-Intel-SSD-DCT-?product=87... •We will like to know if you have an open ticket with DELL* since iDRAC9 is an embedded solution and they should provide you with a list of compatible hardware for his solution. We will be looking forward to your reply. Have a nice day. Best regards, Josh B. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation

JELIS
New Contributor

Hi Josh,

Thank you for your answer. I had try it but my GuestOS is Vmware vsphere ESX 6.5 and i can't execute bash script to give you the SSU log or SMART Logs.

Can you tell me how i can give you some informations that you need to help me please ?

Best regards.

JELIS
New Contributor

I have extract this log list device. This help you ?

It's Model: INTEL SSDSC2KG96 that is not detect in Idrac8.

The controller disk is :

Dell HBA330 Mini

ControllerFirmwareVersion  13.17.03.00

The idrac8:

FirmwareVersion  2.52.52.52

JosafathB_Intel
Valued Contributor
Hello JELIS, Thank you for your reply, As we understand your SSD is working as expected on your guest OS and your VMware OS is able to recognize the drive properly, the issue seems to be related to the embedded Dell* solution called Idrac8 that came with your system. We advise you to check the list of tested and compatible hardware of your PC in order to discard any hardware compatibility issue. Another reason that the SSD is not recognized could be related to the HBA330 controller. In case you have your SSD connected to this device we advise you to try to connect it directly to the motherboard. Regarding the logs that we requested in our last interaction the best way to extract them is by using a system with Windows* or Linux OS. This being said if you have another PC that you can connect the SSD too and extract the Smart logs we will appreciate that information. We will be looking forward to your reply letting us know the results of this troubleshooting and including the logs requested if possible. Have a nice day. Best regards, Josh B. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation