Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4778 Discussions

Can I configure 2x DC P3608 in RAID1 on intel C612 chipset?

RTisd
Beginner

project involves adding a virtual db server into existing host. currently there are only SATA drives attached and we need higher performance, thus the p3608 drives. redundancy is also needs and therefore the RAID1. I know the host server is running on a C612 chipset based supermicro server. OS is server 2012 enterprise.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Kys,

In this particular case,it is important to first do a RAID 0 with each of the drives and then, you can create a RAID 1 with both RAID 0 and in the end, it will be a RAID 10. Also it is important to confirm if the motherboard supports RAID configuration with NVMe* drives. He is the link to the motherboard forum: /community/tech/desktop/content Desktop Boards

Best regards,

Aleki

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Kys,

In this particular case,it is important to first do a RAID 0 with each of the drives and then, you can create a RAID 1 with both RAID 0 and in the end, it will be a RAID 10. Also it is important to confirm if the motherboard supports RAID configuration with NVMe* drives. He is the link to the motherboard forum: /community/tech/desktop/content Desktop Boards

Best regards,

Aleki
0 Kudos
RTisd
Beginner

Word back from Supermicro is that the mainboard will only support a software RAID10 setup. server is on order now, and hopefully will have hands on to try it out in a month or so.

for reference purposes the Supermicro motherboard is a X10DRU-i+

0 Kudos
KL2
Valued Contributor I

I'm not 100% sure since I haven't had the opportunity to try the NVMe RAID stuff yet, but some of the documents released with the RSTe for NVMe should help you out:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25771/-Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Enterprise-NVMe-Intel-RSTe-NVMe-RAID-Driver https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25771/-Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Enterprise-NVMe-Intel-RSTe-NVMe-RAID-Driver

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Kys,

We haven't heard from you in a while so we would like to know if you still need our assistance.

best regards,

Aleki
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Kys,

Thanks for letting us know about this response you received from the motherboard manufacturer. We are at your disposal for any questions you may have. Should you need our support in the future, please, do not hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,

Aleki
0 Kudos