cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I obtain a RMA on Intel X25-M G2s without a store invoice?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

hi

I recently purchased some retail Intel X25-M 80GB SSD from eBay in the USA without thinking about warranty issues.

I only later found out from reading the warranty T&C that Intel might require a proof a purchase. The only proof of purchase is the Paypal invoice the seller has issued me. Will this be sufficient to obtain warranty from Intel? ( the seller can't provide a proper receipt unfortunately)

or can I obtain RMA service based on the drive's serial number information? Has anyone returned a drive to Intel for service before?

any info or help would be appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

In europe you definately need the proof of purchase.....

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I have heard of several who simply went to Intel and they didnt ask for a receipt whatsoever. lets face it, the drive hasnt been out longer than the warranty yet which is something you can bring up if they try and deny it.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

As i said, in europe at least it dosen't work like that, they need an invoice for any of their high value products, extreme CPUs SSDs Servers etc

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I can confirm this.

And it gets better: They needed it either scanned or faxed - preferrably faxed.

Yes, the good old fax. Invented around 1870... (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fax)

Since I purchased my SSD through an online store, all I got was an email with a .pdf.

So I printed that.

And found a working fax somewhere.

Its funny if it was'nt true...

Still don't know whether they will replace the disk or try to fix it. I would MUCH prefer the latter, especially if I can get the content back!

~~DukeP~~