cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I obtain a RMA on Intel X25-M G2s without a store invoice?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

hi

I recently purchased some retail Intel X25-M 80GB SSD from eBay in the USA without thinking about warranty issues.

I only later found out from reading the warranty T&C that Intel might require a proof a purchase. The only proof of purchase is the Paypal invoice the seller has issued me. Will this be sufficient to obtain warranty from Intel? ( the seller can't provide a proper receipt unfortunately)

or can I obtain RMA service based on the drive's serial number information? Has anyone returned a drive to Intel for service before?

any info or help would be appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

ok thanks all for the comments above.

Since the first post I have rang Intel twice.

First time I got the comment that they are now only offering direct Intel RMA service to their channel (retailer) members, so they told me to go back to the original point of purchase first and ask the retailer to deal with the RMA. I told them this is difficult as I purchase it overseas, but the reaction on the other end kinda like "too bad we cant help you"

After the conversation I clearly remember on the intel website and the cd that came with the SSD it clearly states customers can contact their retailer or Intel directly. So I went through the support pages and found the exact T&C stating just that.

I rang back again ( got a different person i believe) , I told her i want to do a RMA, but the item was purchased overseas (from the USA). She said again Intel has now changed its policy and only can offer this service for retailer channel members. I pointed out the statement in the Warranty TC and said it is very difficult for me to do so unless i send it overseas. At this point she said out of curtersy , intel can do a service support for me.. but please ring the tech. support hotline first to further trouble shoot. When I asked her what kind of information is required if I do need RMA, she said only the product serial number is needed, as they can use that to check on their database. I guess sometimes its luck of the draw on the support you get...

I believe all manufacturer have a database of their products and using the serial should be suffice. I guess its more strict in some areas such as europe. But I don't know why they would need the original invoice for. I don't believe they will check it with the retailer everytime there is a RMA claim... only thing I can think of, is the purchase date would be different to the manufacture date, and the warranty should start at the time of purchase - this is only for the benefit of the consumer but should not limit them from claiming the warranty if they do not have it.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I can only say - best of luck.

Check out here http://communities.intel.com/thread/13274

What You might be expected to do, before being admitted to the RMA line.

~~DukeP~~