Intel® Optane™ Solid State Drives
Support for Issues Related to Solid State Drives based on Intel® Optane™ technology, Intel® MAS and Firmware Update Tool
435 Discussions

Can I programmatically export results from Intel® SSD Toolbox?

CHora
Beginner

Hi,

How can I pass a command line argument to the Intel SSD Toolbox application so that it will export the health/S.M.A.R.T status of a drive that is connected to it?

The UI is great but I'm not in a position to access every machine and export the data manually. We have a lot of Intel SSD drives and I want to parse the results so I can trigger alerts when a drive has degraded past the threshold.

The app probably doesn't accept arguments but there has to be some way of accessing the S.M.A.R.T info for these drives. The tool is great for the end user but the people here don't care to check and export for me.

Failing an answer for this question, do you used SmartMonTools or a similar package to gather the info you display in the SSD Toolbox? or is there Intel magic going on behind the scenes?

If it is the latter will you give me a job and I can make the tool i want and leave you again.

I can get a lot of this info my own way but since we have so much of your drives, please give me your way.

Thank you for your time.

Conor
0 Kudos
0 Replies