Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AOtt
Beginner

Can Linux ssu.sh report on multiple drives?

Jump to solution

I have 4 drives, one is the OS and three are known bad drives in the server:

$ ls -la /dev/sd*

brw-rw---- 1 root disk 8, 0 Jan 3 19:56 /dev/sda

brw-rw---- 1 root disk 8, 1 Jan 3 19:56 /dev/sda1

brw-rw---- 1 root disk 8, 2 Jan 3 19:56 /dev/sda2

brw-rw---- 1 root disk 8, 16 Jan 3 21:49 /dev/sdb

brw-rw---- 1 root disk 8, 32 Jan 3 22:01 /dev/sdc

brw-rw---- 1 root disk 8, 48 Jan 3 22:01 /dev/sdd

The ssu.sh utility will only report on the good drive /dev/sda

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AOtt
Beginner
The ssu.sh tool will be not useful in my case, but thank you for clarifying this. Through a different support case I have been instructed to use the DCT tool suite to gather information from the failed drives. I am currently working on that and will post results to the relevant support cases. -andreas

View solution in original post

4 Replies
DiegoV_Intel

Hi AOtt,

Thank you for posting in the Intel® communities.

According to the ssu.sh script, the drives included in the following location should be checked:

drives=$( eval "$lsPath" -1 /dev/[hs]d* "$stderr" | "$grepPath" -v "sd.[0-9][0-9]\?$" ) # Location where the script looks for the drives.   if [[ -z "$drives" ]] ; then Title="${indent3}Drive:\"Not Available\"" else for drive in $( "$echoPath" "$drives" ) do # NOTE: virtual disks (like ISO files) are not mounted, and should be ignored. # /proc/mounts is the place to look for what is mounted. any drive in this list # that is not found here will be ignored. isMounted=$( [ $( eval "$catPath /proc/mounts $stderr" | "$grepPath" "$drive" | "$wcPath" -l ) -gt 0 ] && "$echoPath" true || "$echoPath" false ) if [ "$isMounted" = false ] ; then continue fi

However, if the drive is not mounted, then the script will ignore it according the note in the script.

I hope this clarifies the inquiry.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

DiegoV_Intel

Hi AOtt,

I would like to know if this information clarified your concern, or if there is anything else I can help you with.

Regards,

Diego V.

AOtt
Beginner
The ssu.sh tool will be not useful in my case, but thank you for clarifying this. Through a different support case I have been instructed to use the DCT tool suite to gather information from the failed drives. I am currently working on that and will post results to the relevant support cases. -andreas

View solution in original post

DiegoV_Intel

Hi Andreas,

Sure, thank you for the clarification.

When working with Data Center drives, the best tool is the Intel® SSD DCT.

Please keep working on those support cases to avoid confusions. I will just share with you an User Guide about the Intel® SSD DCT in case you need to know how to get the specific data that you want from the drive: https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/memory-and-storage/Intel_SSD_DCT_3_0_x_Use...

Regards,

Diego V.