cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Update Intel 330 60GB to firmware 330i

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I have an Intel SSD 330 60GB and Intel SSD Drive Toolbox 3.1.0 installed. In the Drive Summary it lists my firmware as 300i. When I check for new firmware updates it lists firmware version 330i as the latest but I can't download it. The Update button is greyed out in Firmware Update.

Do I have the latest firmware or is there a typo on the intel page?

10 REPLIES 10

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Same here for my SSD 330 120GB.

Anybody from Intel please?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I have the 180gb SSD 330, just launched the SSD toolbox and found the same thing. I followed instructions to upgrade the toolbox app to 3.1.0, but the firmware update option is still greyed out.

What's up with that Intel?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Same problem here, Intel SSD 330, 180Gb FW 300i wouldnt update to 330i with the Intel SSD Toolbox, nor the update bootable CD - this thing just doest not see any Intel SSD installed. I tried IDE Compatibility mode - it just decides faster that it doesnt see the SSD.

Lets just wait till Monday...

CMorg2
New Contributor

I'm having the same firmware update issue and also the same problem as Alek.

I have two 330 SSDs, a 120G and a 180G. Both came with 300i firmware and neither can be updated with toolbox 3.1 to 330i.

The 180G drive just failed, too. On Saturday 10/27 I upgraded the notebook with the 180G from Win7 to Win8. While still in the process of setting up the new O/S I got one message that no bootable device was found when restarting. I repaired it using the Win8 installation disc. On Sunday 10/28 I got the message again, but now the Win8 repair utility can't fix it and the drive can't be seen either in the notebook or in an external USB case on another notebook.