cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Update Intel 330 60GB to firmware 330i

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I have an Intel SSD 330 60GB and Intel SSD Drive Toolbox 3.1.0 installed. In the Drive Summary it lists my firmware as 300i. When I check for new firmware updates it lists firmware version 330i as the latest but I can't download it. The Update button is greyed out in Firmware Update.

Do I have the latest firmware or is there a typo on the intel page?

10 REPLIES 10

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

after the release of 3.1.1 Toolbox, we see that 300i is still the latest firmware

so, there is no need to upgrade the firmware on our drives, or what?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I guess it was a typo since the intel site says 300i is now the latest version? Whatever, that works for me.

The Detailed Description of the the Download Center record for Toolbox 3.1 incorrectly identified the firmware version for the 330 Series and the 335 Series. Toolbox version 3.1.1 has been released correcting those errors. In the case of the 330, firmware version 330i is current and hence, there is no update available for it.

Please note; the list of firmware versions identify the current version of the firmware. In many cases, the current version is the production version so there is not an update available.

Toolbox 3.1.1 is available at; http://www.intel.com/go/ssdtoolbox http://www.intel.com/go/ssdtoolbox.

Sorry for the confusion.

Jim

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Trying to straighten out this confusion you're making it worse?

"Toolbox version 3.1.1 has been released correcting those errors. In the case of the 330, firmware version 330i is current and hence, there is no update available for it."

You're saying that 330i is the current version? Or this is just another typo?

All,

I am very sorry for the mistake.

What is on the download page is correct. I misstated in my reply.

330 Series current firmware is 300i

335 Series firmware is 335s