cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't enable eDrive on Pro 2500 Series

LNyss
New Contributor

I am trying to enable eDrive to use with bitlocker. It is telling me that the firmware is not up to date.

C:\Intel_SSD_Pro_Administrator_Tool_win64>SSDProAdminTool_1.1.0_win64.exe -drive_index 0 -enable_edrive

------------------------------------------------------------

| Drive Index: | 0 |

| Drive Series: | Intel SSD Pro 2500 Series Opal Ready |

| Model Number: | INTEL SSDSC2BF180A5L |

| Serial Number: | |

| Firmware: | LTVi |

| Current MAX LBA: | 0x14F5C82F |

| Drive Status: | Healthy |

| Opal State: | Opal Ready |

| eDrive Supported: | False |

| Native MAX LBA: | 0x14F5C82F |

| Current Percent: | 100.00 |

| Current Capacity: | 180.05 GB |

| SMART: | ON |

| DIPM: | ON |

| Write Cache: | ON |

Error: enabling eDrive with this tool is not supported on the selected Intel

SSD. Please ensure the tool and the drive's firmware are up to date.

11 REPLIES 11

EHall5
New Contributor II

Here is my Output:

| Drive Index: | 0 |------------------------------------------------------------| Drive Series: | Intel SSD Pro 2500 Series Opal Ready || Model Number: | INTEL SSDSC2BF180A5L || Serial Number: | CVTS45220AZJ18**** || Firmware: | LTVi || Current MAX LBA: | 0x14F5C82F || Drive Status: | Healthy || Opal State: | Opal Ready || eDrive Supported: | False || Native MAX LBA: | 0x14F5C82F || Current Percent: | 100.00 || Current Capacity: | 180.05 GB || SMART: | ON || DIPM: | ON || Write Cache: | ON |------------------------------------------------------------

Error: enabling eDrive with this tool is not supported on the selected Intel

SSD. Please ensure the tool and the drive's firmware are up to date.

jbenavides
Valued Contributor II

We will need to get some additional details to confirm the reason for this condition.

Please check your private messages for further instructions.

EHall5
New Contributor II

PM Sent

I have tried to run a diskpart - clean procedure on the drive and am still not able to enable eDrive using a separate machine with the drive attached as a guest drive. at this point I suspect it's something to do with the firmware. The firmware update tool shows that the drive is already running the latest version.

PCzop
New Contributor

Have you been able to resolve this issue? I'm trying to do the same on a Lenovo T450 with an intel Pro 2500 drive.

jbenavides
Valued Contributor II

Hello PolishPaul,

If the drive was bought from Lenovo as part of the laptop, we advise you to contact http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/ Lenovo Support to obtain eDrive management tools.

We do not have the details of your SSD, however, if the firmware of the SSD is LTVi like the one from the previous drives in this thread, then this is a Lenovo drive.

OEM's like Lenovo incorporate customizations to their hardware and firmware, and you should contact them to enable security features like eDrive.

The Intel® SSD Pro Administrator Tool does not support enabling eDrive with OEM drives.