cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't enable eDrive on Pro 2500 Series

LNyss
New Contributor

I am trying to enable eDrive to use with bitlocker. It is telling me that the firmware is not up to date.

C:\Intel_SSD_Pro_Administrator_Tool_win64>SSDProAdminTool_1.1.0_win64.exe -drive_index 0 -enable_edrive

------------------------------------------------------------

| Drive Index: | 0 |

| Drive Series: | Intel SSD Pro 2500 Series Opal Ready |

| Model Number: | INTEL SSDSC2BF180A5L |

| Serial Number: | |

| Firmware: | LTVi |

| Current MAX LBA: | 0x14F5C82F |

| Drive Status: | Healthy |

| Opal State: | Opal Ready |

| eDrive Supported: | False |

| Native MAX LBA: | 0x14F5C82F |

| Current Percent: | 100.00 |

| Current Capacity: | 180.05 GB |

| SMART: | ON |

| DIPM: | ON |

| Write Cache: | ON |

Error: enabling eDrive with this tool is not supported on the selected Intel

SSD. Please ensure the tool and the drive's firmware are up to date.

11 REPLIES 11

PCzop
New Contributor

Just as I expected and I did contact Lenovo support that was LESS THAN helpful. They insisted that my model was Intel Pro 2400, which I don't believe exists.

I told them that I suspected that they have their own custom firmware on the drive and that they need to provide tools to enable this, but they said that they don't have any. I'm going around in circles with their support and this is driving me insane.

Is there a way to force the original FW onto this SSD? The Intel utility says its already up to date.

jbenavides
Valued Contributor II

Hello PolishPaul,

Intel firmware can't be forced to OEM SSD's. OEM drives are manufactured by Intel for computer manufacturers according to their requirements, which often include customized firmware as in this case.

The Intel® Firmware Update Tool and Intel® SSD Toolbox work only for Intel branded drives and are not capable of applying firmware updates to OEM drives. These tools report the firmware LTVi is up to date because they do not contain any update for this type of drive.

We advise you to check back withhttp://support.lenovo.com/us/en/ Lenovo Support to obtain any firmware updates and eDrive support tools.