cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't install Windows 7 on X25

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Installing a fresh Windows 7 on a Fresh 80G X25-E. Windows 7 just will not install. Stops at "Setup cannot find system partition". It is now installing, after I upgrade FW to 20HD and partitioning and formatting using an XP install. Is this really right? Are these drives so uncompatible, or is it Win7 that is so increibly bad? Or is it me who is stupid?

18 REPLIES 18

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Just to eliminate the hardware, try to use only the ssd, with nothing else pluged in. Check if it is recognised. If not try a different port and a different cable along with different settings on the bios. If all that don't make any difference try to plug in the ssd on another pc and check if it will be recognised there. If yes then the motherboard is not compatible (not very possible but you never know) or in case not then it's the ssd that has the problem but before that you could try another flashing of the rom on both motherboard and ssd or send it back. Maybe I am wrong but you can give it a shot.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Well, the SSD is deteced by the BIOS and I can set it in the boot sequence. It is also available in Win 7 when I install on HDD so I don' recon he SSD itself is faulty but the main reason I bought it was for my OS and that is basically he only thing I can't use it for so I am a bit dissapointed, SSDs aren' exactly cheap / GB! For the time being I will use it for the swap file....

I also made sure to make my OS partition on the HDD the same size as he SSD so whenever there is a tool that will be able to clone to the SSD that might be an option. Right now Acronis doesn't detect the SSD either.... (even though Win does it as well as the Intel Toolbox)

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Try another computer with a different motherboard and see if you still have problems installing win 7. If the problem persists then it's the SSD. If not and you manage to install win 7 then it's the motherboard

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I've have exactly the same problem. I'm using a new X25 80GB, Firmware 20hd. If I try to install Windows 7, I can't see the drive in the setup dialog box. I've tried on three different machines MSI U100, Fujitsu Siemens Livebook 8410 and on my desktop pc (asus p5gd2), everywhere the same behavior.

If I connect the X25 on my running desktop pc (Windows 7), i can see and use the drive without any problems! any ideas?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Can you flash the SSD with a different firmware and try again? I run out of ideas