cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't install Windows 7 on X25

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Installing a fresh Windows 7 on a Fresh 80G X25-E. Windows 7 just will not install. Stops at "Setup cannot find system partition". It is now installing, after I upgrade FW to 20HD and partitioning and formatting using an XP install. Is this really right? Are these drives so uncompatible, or is it Win7 that is so increibly bad? Or is it me who is stupid?

18 REPLIES 18

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

hi stamatisx,

good idea, I already think about this but I can't find any older firmware release file on intels website. Do you have an suitably download link?

Steffen

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Sorry my friend but I couldn't find the previous firmware version either.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Stamatisx, thanks for he suggestions. I really think this is something for Intel and MS to solve - this should work out of the box.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I've got exactly the same problem. The X25 SSD operates just fine in conjunction with Win7 when Win7 boots from S-ATA HDD. When booting from Win7 DVD for installation purpose the X25 SSD is not recognized. (it is not shown in the list of HDD's). Might it have something to with the protocols used by the X25? At powerup the MotherBoard shows that the SSD uses SCSI while all other drives use S-ATA. The SSD is connected to a Sil3132 e-SATA controller (which is integrated on the Mother Board). When connecting a regular S-ATA drive to the Sil3132 the Win7 installation DVD installs without much hassel.

Try connecting the drive to one of the chipset's SATA ports and not one for a separate RAID controller.