cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't install Windows 7 on X25

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Installing a fresh Windows 7 on a Fresh 80G X25-E. Windows 7 just will not install. Stops at "Setup cannot find system partition". It is now installing, after I upgrade FW to 20HD and partitioning and formatting using an XP install. Is this really right? Are these drives so uncompatible, or is it Win7 that is so increibly bad? Or is it me who is stupid?

18 REPLIES 18

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I have one time faced the same problem that the system could not see my SSD, then I used killdisk to arase all data in the drive, it then was recognized as a normal drive. May be you should try.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I have the same issue with my X25-M on Intel ICH10R chipset. I bought this drive to use it as system disk, and now I'm really disapointed. Why no one from Intel has responded to this thread yet? This drives are not cheap and I want my money back!

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Problem solved! It was a bit of a hassel but I finally got Windows7 to boot from my X25. I had a bunch of SATA drives in RAID mode connected to my MB (Asus Striker Extreme) and needed to disconnected them first and disabled the RAIDsetup in the Bios. I upgraded the firmware on the X25 drive and voila! Windows7 accepted the X25 as installable target. After W7setup I reconnected the SATA drives and enabled RAIDmode only for the SATA drives. (Don't forget to check your HD boot priority in your Bios because it might change when reconnecting the SATA drives). Funny thing though, the Intel SSD toolkit still can't connect to my X25.