cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't install Windows 7 on X25

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Installing a fresh Windows 7 on a Fresh 80G X25-E. Windows 7 just will not install. Stops at "Setup cannot find system partition". It is now installing, after I upgrade FW to 20HD and partitioning and formatting using an XP install. Is this really right? Are these drives so uncompatible, or is it Win7 that is so increibly bad? Or is it me who is stupid?

18 REPLIES 18

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Mid install I get a BSOD on 0x00000024. If I don't get this fixed, I'll get some other SSD tomorrow- Non-Intel, do doubt...

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I have exactly the same problem with a X25-V 40 GB. The disk just doesn't show up in the selection dialogue.

I HAVE updated both bios on motherboard (GA-790XA-UD4) as well as firmware on the SSD. The SSD is installed in the first SATA port and only share it with a SATA DVD drive. The SATA is in native IDE mode as this is the only mode where Intel's firmware (as well as the ToolBox) updater sees the SSD.

If I install Windows 7 (64-bit) on my HDD I have no problems accessing the SSD from Win 7 once it is installed.

Any help would be welcome!

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Did you try to use AHCI on BIOS? Then enter the win 7 setup, delete all the partitions and format again? Then proceed with the install

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi stama,

Yes, that I tried too.... Win 7 installer doesn't see the SSD no matter what SATA mode I chose. Native IDE is the only mode that works for the Intel software.