cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't schedule SSD Optimizer

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I recently cloned my wife's Gateway MX6961 laptop (ICH7, 945 chipset) HDD to an Intel X-25M 80gd SSD, using Acronis True Image Home 2011 on Manual mode (to make sure I got Gateway's 5gig system partition!). As it was unaligned originally (XP Media Center Edition) Acronis left the alignment at 63 sectors, so I re-aligned using Paragon Alignment Tool. After dealing with the common "MBR error 3" issue everything works well except that I can't schedule the SSD Optimizer. Though I can run it just fine, when I try to schedule I get "Unhandled Exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

I've ensured that .NET Framework is installed (2.0, 3.0, 3.5, though I tried downloading 4.0 Client Profile and it made the laptop take forever to get the desktop fully loaded!), made sure all the services are running properly (incl. Task Scheduler), all optimizations are in place (incl AHCI & IRST) and I still get the Unhandled Exception. Anybody with an idea how to solve this one?

2 REPLIES 2

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

You can't schedule an Optimization but can you manually perform it?

Are your chipset drivers up-to-date?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Yes, manual Optimization works fine, just can't use the Scheduler.

As for my chipset drivers, they are the most current available. Gateway shows only the original chipset drivers with a date of 1/26/06 for use with Windows XP.