cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you help me get Windows installed on my Series 750 PCIe 400 GB SSD?

NMacL1
New Contributor

On Friday, I contacted Intel support for assistance. The first-tier technician tried, but was unable to assist. He opened ticket number 80012284446 and escalated the issue to the next tier, promising me with an email that I could use to access the case. I have yet to receive that email, so I decided to try this community resource.

My System:

ASUS X99-Deluxe/U3.1, Intel X99 chipset, BIOS revision 1901;

Intel i7-5930K @ 3.50GHz# @ Gb RAM - G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 DDR4 SDRAM 2666 (PC4 21300);

NVIDIA GTX970-DCMOC-4GD5, Driver Version 10.18.13.5660;

Intel Series 750 400 GB SSD, Driver Version 1.3.0.1007 installed to Windows 10 Pro

The Intel SSD is initialized and formatted as a GPT volume, which identifies as a healthy primary volume. The volume was created using Acronis Disk Director 12, and it is recognized by Windows. I can save files to it, and can open

The motherboard BIOS has been modified according to the instructions on page 26 of the Intel April 2015 Technology Brief titled Booting from an NVMe* PCIe* Intel Solid-State Drive. 

I am attempting to install Windows 8.1 Pro to the SSD, and am booting from UEFI media (UEFI start option for the BluRay drive I am installing from). My intention, once Windows 8.1 is installed, is to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. Everything works up to the point where I select the SSD as the installation target. The Windows installer tells me I can't install there, with Error Code 0x803000002. Searching for the error code in the Microsoft Knowledge Base is a futile exercise, so I don't really know why the installer won't do the job.

As I can tell, I've covered all the bases.

Microsoft installation support is pointing to Acronis as being the problem, Acronis wants me to go back to Microsoft because their software was successful in creating a usable GPT volume.

I am well aware that when using new technology, unanticipated "features" can provide any manner of challenges, so now I would like to dig into Intel's bug-crushing capabilities, since the SSD I am trying to install to is on Intel's latest-and-greatest list, and Intel is the one company with the most at stake in helping us poor little lost waifs to get the gear to work, and help remove the frog from the wheel.

So . . . over to the community!

3 REPLIES 3

AP16
Contributor

Try to insert a Intel NVMe driver https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/23929/ https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/23929/ at time of disk selection.

NMacL1
New Contributor

If you look more closely at my explanation above . . .

I have already loaded the most recent Intel driver, Version 1.3.0.1007, and have already completed the actions described for changing the BIOS settings for the ASUS X99-Deluxe motherboard.

Thank you for those suggestions, though.

Once i solved similar trouble just by using other Windows installation media, DVD instead of flash or vice versa