Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Can you provide me working download links to previous versions of IDMS?

Jump to solution

I have the same problem some others have had. I'm using IDMS 3.3 (15240) to copy from a Intel 530 to an Intel 760p drive. Within seconds it says it finished successfully but nothing was copied.  I believe using an older version of IDMS might solve the problem but all of the links to the older software redirect me to the latest version. This worked once before but I can no longer find any previous versions on the intel website. Can you provide me working download links to previous versions of IDMS?

The motherboard is Gigabyte Z97X-SLI

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Hello, AHill17.

Thank you very much for waiting.

I received confirmation that the current version of the Intel DMT is the only one that can be shared, the others are no longer available.

Regarding your issue, I tested in a local machine using the following:

• ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 Gaming K6
  • Intel SSD 530 80GB (SATA M.2) (Windows 10 64bit)
  • Intel SSD 760p 256GB (NVMe M.2) (Not initialized after a "Clean" using Diskpart)
  • Windows 10 installation performed on the SSD 530 using the USB creation media from the Microsoft website.

The tool will show a message saying that the drive was successfully cloned, but nothing happened since the process took less than a second (I forgot to take a screenshot of this, but I had a video):

01.png

I tried to exclude some folders, just to force the tool to scan the source drive, and this seems to have worked fine, please be aware that I used "Automatic" and not "Manual".

Once you get to the last screen, click the "Options" button to open the screen to exclude files:

2.jpg

As you can see, I have created a RANDOM FOLDER in the desktop, with no files in it, just to test the "Exclude" option:

3.jpg

Now I get a different message, asking me to perform a regular restart to continue with the cloning process:

4.jpg

Once you click "Restart" the system will boot into Intel DMT mode, I marked "Shut down the computer when the operation is completed" just to remove the source drive before the system boots for the first time:

5.jpg

Once it's done the computer shuts down, I remove the Intel SSD 530, turn the computer back on, system boots fine from the Intel SSD 760p.

I tested this around 5 times (I didn't re-install Windows every time, I just cleaned the 760p) and it worked like a charm, but please be aware that this is not fully tested nor validated by Intel, so it is recommended to keep a backup of your information in case something happens.

Please let me know if you tested this workaround, we will continue working on the IDMT issue.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted

Hello, AHill17.

Thank you for contacting Intel Community Support.

There are no links available for previous versions of the Intel® Data Migration Software.

Let me just double-check and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello, AHill17.

Thank you very much for waiting.

I received confirmation that the current version of the Intel DMT is the only one that can be shared, the others are no longer available.

Regarding your issue, I tested in a local machine using the following:

• ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 Gaming K6
  • Intel SSD 530 80GB (SATA M.2) (Windows 10 64bit)
  • Intel SSD 760p 256GB (NVMe M.2) (Not initialized after a "Clean" using Diskpart)
  • Windows 10 installation performed on the SSD 530 using the USB creation media from the Microsoft website.

The tool will show a message saying that the drive was successfully cloned, but nothing happened since the process took less than a second (I forgot to take a screenshot of this, but I had a video):

01.png

I tried to exclude some folders, just to force the tool to scan the source drive, and this seems to have worked fine, please be aware that I used "Automatic" and not "Manual".

Once you get to the last screen, click the "Options" button to open the screen to exclude files:

2.jpg

As you can see, I have created a RANDOM FOLDER in the desktop, with no files in it, just to test the "Exclude" option:

3.jpg

Now I get a different message, asking me to perform a regular restart to continue with the cloning process:

4.jpg

Once you click "Restart" the system will boot into Intel DMT mode, I marked "Shut down the computer when the operation is completed" just to remove the source drive before the system boots for the first time:

5.jpg

Once it's done the computer shuts down, I remove the Intel SSD 530, turn the computer back on, system boots fine from the Intel SSD 760p.

I tested this around 5 times (I didn't re-install Windows every time, I just cleaned the 760p) and it worked like a charm, but please be aware that this is not fully tested nor validated by Intel, so it is recommended to keep a backup of your information in case something happens.

Please let me know if you tested this workaround, we will continue working on the IDMT issue.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Bruce C.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

​Hi Bruce,

Thank you for your reply. I'll definitely give that a try when I get back to that clients office where there is a second almost identical machine that is doing the same thing.

I have 30 or 40 intel ssds I've installed over the past few year and was able to locate the older 3.2 IDMS on an old drive I had previously upgraded. And using that version the copy worked correctly. I had some issues getting it to boot but finally did and all seems to be running well on the new 760p.

I appreciate your detailed description and had never thought to exclude something to wake up the software to the drive. When I try it and it might be a few weeks, I'll use your method first and report back on what happens.

Thanks for duplicating the problem and please let the powers that be up at Intel and/or Acronis that I've had 3 machines , you've had one and some folks on the forum have had this same issue. It's got to be more widespread than that.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello, AHill17.

Thank you for the response.

If it's for a couple of weeks, I can keep the ticket open while we wait for you to test this.

If you would like to close it for now, just let me know.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi Bruce,

Was able to test your method on the other machine this weekend. I verified that the problem was still happening then tried your method and it worked perfectly.

Many thanks and you can close the case.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello, AHill17.

Thank you for the response and for letting me know, I'm really glad to hear that it worked.

I will close the ticket for now, if you require any type of assistance from Intel, you can always contact us back.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos