cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot update the SSD DC S3520 firmware which came with the N201DL41 version

TiongKiat_L_Int
New Contributor

I have recently received few SSD DC S3520 (Model SSDSC2BB240G7R) which came with the firmware version N201DL41. I try to use the DataCenterTool_3.0.4 version to do the firmware update, but it is not success.

Other batch of SSD DC S3520 which came with the firmware version N2010101 is able to update to the latest version of N2010112.

Question: How to update the firmware from N201DL41 to N2020112 so that I can Copy Exact all my SSDs?

This is the log using the DataCenterTool on the SSD DC S3520 with N201DL41 firmware.

C:\isdct>isdct.exe show -intelssd 0 - Intel SSD DC S3520 Series PHDV651104NB240AGN - Bootloader : Property not foundDevicePath : \\\\.\\PHYSICALDRIVE2DeviceStatus : HealthyFirmware : N201DL41FirmwareUpdateAvailable : Please contact your Intel representative about firmware update for this drive.Index : 0ModelNumber : SSDSC2BB240G7RProductFamily : Intel SSD DC S3520 SeriesSerialNumber : PHDV651104NB240AGN C:\isdct>isdct.exe load -intelssd 0WARNING! You have selected to update the drives firmware!Proceed with the update? (Y|N): YUpdating firmware... - Intel SSD DC S3520 Series PHDV651104NB240AGN - Status : Please contact your Intel representative about firmware update for this drive.
4 REPLIES 4

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello TiongKiat,

We understand you would like to update the firmware in all of your SSDs so they can be in the same version. Checking the case, we need to inform you that for the ones you were able to update the firmware from N2010101 to N2010112, those are retail drives that you can update using the Intel® Data Center Tool.Now, the other drives with firmware: N201DL41, those seem to be Dell OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) drives, a reason why you cannot update the firmware on it. Our tool only works with the retail version of SSDs; for the OEM drives, you need to check with the manufacturer of the disk for the proper tool to update the firmware and also, this one will be different from the retail units.Please let us know if you need further assistance.Regards,Nestor C

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello TiongKiat,

We'd like to know if you require further assistance, please let us know.Regards,Nestor C

Thanks for your assistance.

We got these SSD from the samples management system.

Do you have a contact from DELL so that we can work with?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi TiongKiat,

Thank you for the response.We have the https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/memory-and-storage/data-center-ssds/000018274.html following link that will help you getting assistance from Dell* with your situation. Please let us know if you need further assistance.Regards,Nestor C