Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GSpec2
Beginner

Chipset US15W: esiste un modo per disabilitare la funzione TRIM durante l'installazione di una distribuzione Linux?

Ciao a tutti,

ho un netbook Asus che monta il chipset US15W che ha un adattatore PATA-SATA che blocca la funzione TRIM e pertanto lo rende incompatibile con SSD e SO piú "recenti" (l'unico che funziona é XP...). Ho letto ed eseguito l'ottima procedura descritta in https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P0000490GCTSA2/workaround-for-installing-windows-7-on-trimen..., riuscendo ad installare Windows 7. Purtroppo peró la pesantezza del SO rende il netbook molto lento e vorrei provare ad installare una distribuzione Linux.

Esiste una procedura equivalente per Linux? Cioé un modo per disabilitare la funzione TRIM durante l'installazione?

Grazie in anticipo,

Girolamo

0 Kudos
3 Replies
BrusC_Intel

Hello, GSpec2.

Thank you for contacting the Intel Community Support.

Please keep in mind that community support is provided in English only, the use of the translator will be required.

I understand you are looking for a similar procedure for Linux, I will be glad to assist you.

The procedure listed in that thread is not validated, supported or replicated by Intel, it was shared by one of the community members as you can see.

You may be able to contact your OEM (system manufacturer) for additional assistance, or open a thread in their community (if they have one specific your product), this would be the best option since they may have more information on how to successfully do this in your system (or similar systems).

I can keep this thread open in case other community members are able to assist you.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

BrusC_Intel

Hello, GSpec2.

I wanted to follow up on this ticket to check if I can be of assistance with anything else.

Let me know if you have any other questions or if you would like to close the thread.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

GSpec2
Beginner

You can close, thanks.

C2 General

<personal information removed>