Intel® Optane™ Solid State Drives
Support for Issues Related to Solid State Drives based on Intel® Optane™ technology, Intel® MAS and Firmware Update Tool
435 Discussions

Compatibility of Intel Optane SSD DC P4800X SERIES

wsong2
Beginner

I'm wondering if https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/memory-storage/solid-state-drives/data-center-ssds/optane-dc-p4800x-series/p4800x-375gb-aic-20nm.html the Intel Optane SSD DC P4800X 375 GB PCIe card will work with our Xeon E5-2690 v0 Processors?

I read the document about https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/solid-state-drives/optane-ssd-dc-p4800x-mdt-brief.html IMDT, which requires CPU newer than Xeon E5-x6xx v2 or Xeon E7-x8xx v2. Actually, I don't need to use IMDT but just use it through NVMe. So will the 375 GB PCIe P4800X work for that?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Weijia,

Thank you for contacting Intel® Technical Support.

As we understand, you need assistance with your Intel® Optane™ SSD DC P4800X Series (375GB, 1/2 Height PCIe x4, 3D XPoint™) you are making reference to IMDT but you are not going to use this feature, you are planning to use your Intel® Optane™ SSD DC P4800X Series as a storage device. If we inferred correctly, please review the information below:

• IMDT will not work with your current Xeon CPU.

• If your motherboard has a PCIe NVMe 3.0 x4 available for you to use your Intel® Optane™ SSD DC P4800X Series it may be able to work as a storage device depending on your OS, BIOS configuration and Motherboard compatible products.

We hope you find this information helpful.

Best regards,

Josh B.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Weijia,

Thank you for having contacted Intel Technical Support.

We have not heard from you since our last communication and we would like to know if you need further assistance or if we can close this case?

Important note: Should further assistance or clarification be required, we will greatly appreciate if you reply to this post instead of writing a new one unless your inquiry is completely unrelated. This way we will prevent generating a duplicate post and we will not lose the train of thought.

We will be looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,

Josh B.

0 Kudos
wsong2
Beginner

Hi Josh,

Thank you very much! Your information helps a lot! I've already decided to get them for my servers!

-Weijia

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Weijia.

Thank you for your reply; you are more than welcome. It has been a pleasure and we are glad to hear that you found the information we shared helpful.

We would like to know if you need further assistance or if we can close this case.

If you need further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.

We will be looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,

Josh B.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Weijia.

Thank you for having contacted Intel Technical Support.

This email is just a friendly reminder that your case remains open.

Should you need our technical assistance please do not hesitate to contact us back.

Best regards,

Josh B.

0 Kudos