cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Computer freezes (hangs) upon Intel SSD Toolbox v3.2.3 launch

KMani1
New Contributor

Hello,

I have installed my new INTEL 530 SERIES SSDSC2BW240A401 240GB SSD 2.5'' SATA3 in my ASUS P6T Deluxe motherboard with Chipset Intel® X58 / ICH10R. Fresh Windows 8.1 is running on it fine and I also installed Intel SSD Toolbox v3.2.3 for diagnostics and whatever further optimisation this allows. The SSD is positioned in slot 1 of 4 SATA II motherboard slots and is holding alone the OS, no RAID configuration,

My problem is that as soon as !Toolbox launches computer freezes instantly and becomes unresponsive. I can see the application (bleuish UI with no loaded numbers data) but there's nothing more I can do from there except hard reset. Also to specify I get no BSOD; the computer just freezes at that screen responding to no input.

I have dug around and following /thread/54232?q=Intel SSD Toolbox this post. I have proceeded installing Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2 (was not installed so as to repair it) and the after looking around also Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 (and 2010) Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package MFC Security Update but saw no change. In case this is corellated I also have microsoft updates about Visual C++ also give me an error and fail, while others have worked ok.

Any help to get this cool-looking Toolbox up and running?

Thank you for your time!

10 REPLIES 10

Jose_H_Intel1
Valued Contributor II

Hello maninas, do you have any drives connected to the Marvell* controllers?

If the answer is no, kindly provide the msinfo32 report (press Windows* key + R key, type "msinfo32", press OK and then File, Export). You can attach it with the advanced editor, the link is in the upper right corner of the text box after clicking Reply.

Hello Joe, thanks for helping me out.

The answer is yes, I do have 2 more 500GB drives for my data in slots 3/4 and 4/4. That is E:\ in my report. F:\ is an external usb 1TB drive. The two internal 500GB drives are setup as RAID-0 through Windows 8.1 (not bios) and I have seen no problem related to that yet.

The drives are WDCXWD5001AALS and WD5000AVDS.

Though for good measure I am still attaching my msinfo32 report.

KMani1
New Contributor

Oh wait. the "out of 4" slots I have been talking about is a group of 4 SATA slots at the edge of my motherboard that are accessible to plug my drives into. I am looking at http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P6T_Deluxe/specifications/ ASUS's specification for my mobo which has the SATA slots classified under "Southbridge" and that there are 6 of them (i guess the other two are buried behind my two GPU's. Also the spec lists different stuff under 2 Marvell controllers.

I don't know if this helps at all, I just felt like bringing it up.

Jose_H_Intel1
Valued Contributor II

Does the issue happen if no drives are connected to the Marvell* controllers? You may need to verify in the http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P6T_Deluxe/HelpDesk_Manual/ user guide which ports belong to which controllers.

If the computer does not freeze, try updating the Marvell* controller driver, or uninstalling it and using the Microsoft's inbox driver instead. The issue may be similar to /thread/44782 this one even if it is not the Intel® SSD that is connected to the aforementioned RAID controller.