cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Computer freezing after use new components (SSD)

MKrau6
New Contributor

Good day,

I have ASUS P8B75-M LX (motherboard) with Intel Pentium G2020, 4GB RAM , 3 HDD disks (one is really scarry O_o, so much noise by turning on and reading.) and original Windows 8.1. In these days i buyed a Graphic Card ASUS RADEON R7 260X, Power supply (500W) and 120GB SSD Disk Intel (SSD 520 Series).

Installing has not have any problem, but by first boots i hear from motherboard a other tone than normal, but only once, so ok... I installed Windows 8.1 to SSD and start normal using. (I think now it started) But, computer starts freezing (not full freeze, but is ABSOLUTLY SLOW, 0.05 FPS?!?, when i have a music turned up, its takes a ZZZZZZ sound ), and now i got heared more the scary disk.. But anyway, i wanted to turn on a Intel Rapid Start technology (my motherboard have Fast Boot (2 seconds to boot) ). But i cant to enable it in BIOS, so i check all configuration and i must change a type disks type or what (from IDE to ASCI (or reverse, idk now )). Now i turned on a Rapid Start Technology and reboot PC. But PC wont boot, BSOD(but this is normal) . So i again reinstall PC. But still freezing and Rapid Start Technology wont work (12 seconds to boot). I read the manual and i go to make partition on SSD disk (4GB) and tryied to install software, but its says i dont have good requirements.. So i downloaded a Intel (partition driver) from ASUS website for my motherboard, and its enable to install RST. But still 12 second boot... And still freezing.. I tryied to install other drivers, not helped.. Freezing is fully randomly, one day i got 5 freezes (one time i got double freeze in 10 minutes). And sleeping mode has really scary. I take a sleep a PC, i hear to scary disk to off. PC has sleep, after 5 seconds has woke up, 5 seconds and fully sleep....

P.S. I tryied to search on google, nothing, the Turn off link power managment not helped..

If i writed to bad forum or category, sorry..

3 REPLIES 3

Kevin_M_Intel
Contributor II

Hi GAMiEE,

There are troubleshooting steps you can try as per your description so try doing the following:

1. Disconnect all components from the motherboard and clear the CMOS.
  2. Reconnect the system with minimum configuration. This would be just one memory stick, 1 HDD or the SSD, do not reconnect the Graphics card.
  3. Make sure you update the BIOS on the computer.

Also, you can try testing the SSD on a different system so you can discard issue with the SSD.

Kevin M

Thanks for reply, but why clear CMOS? I dont think its about that? Becouse, before i didnt buy a SSD , graphic card and power supply i didnt get any trobules. One of stuffs, i tryed a update of BIOS, but that not help.

P.S. I try to simulate the freeze and send video

Clearing CMOS will release all energy from the system which sometimes can affect as static energy. If you disconnect the SSD and leave the system working as it was before, is the system freezing?

You can contact our service center to get more information about the SSD and replace it if necessary.

Here is our contact information:

http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/contactsupport http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/contactsupport

Kevin M