cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant x25m ssd failure in raid 0

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

seems to happen onee a week for 3 weeks now

I break the raid, recreate, and it works fine for multiple reboots for about a week, than i get the error again (see image)

assuming i should just RMA it, its the same drive no matter which backplane, or port i use on ever failure, latest firmware as well.

http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/9615/imgp3577.jpg

14 REPLIES 14

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I had the exact same problem you are describing but experienced it with both hard drives & SSD drives. In my case I was running raid 0 with a 7.5 Intel ROM. It had occasional problems booting when non raid drives were added and the raid array would fail on a random basis (every two or three weeks) when rebooting. Updating the Intel ROM fixed this problem. I note you are using a later rom that should be OK, but I guess the point is it might not be your SSD. Is it for example the same sata port or is it the same ssd?

Another thing to check, are your sata connections completely engaged on the mobo? I've just got a new mobo and the board just overhangs the sata connections by a mm or so. I've got one set of sata cables that hit the board and stop it engaging fully. It looks like it's fully engaged but it isn't. This caused the problem you are describing as I did not spot it for a while.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Ive already had an RMA done

i tried the cables, both in and out of my backplane but one the drive fails no matter how you hook it up it wouldnt "redectect" its like the drive removed itself from the array and its no longer a member and only breaking the array and re-creating it fixed it, it was also always the same drive.

if it continues after the drive replacement its possible it is the bios for th ICH10R, hope not, god knows how long itll take EVGA to release a bios addressing that.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Are you using Matrix Storage Manager 8.9? if so try 8.8.

Just checking...

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

using what ever shipped with the board (evga classified) and the latest but the failure occurs before the software is even loaded

the last time i seen this happen it locked up on the Windows load screen when it reported both drives as ok, then after rebooting from the lockup on the windows logo the error 0 occured

wonder if the intel matrix stuff is messing it up