cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corrupted files on my Intel 510 120GB

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Second time this has happened.

Start up my computer in the morning and chkdsk runs in my W7x64.

It shows corrupted files and repairs them.

When I get to open certain files, (one text file last time and today one excel file) it show them as corrupted.

The problem is, how can I trust this drive now? Even if I back it up, I could be backing up corrupted files! (I did have a backup of the excel file but it was an older version..I lost data....and not, the data can't be recovered from this excel file, it's too far gone and the data can't even be extracted)

Anyone else have this issue and how did you solve it?

Thanks,

Alfred

6 REPLIES 6

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Did they get corrupted out of the blue or because of force shutdown / reset / power failure ?

I have the same ssd too but didn't encounter this yes , still this frighten me as it could happen to me too. We all know that all previous intel ssds had one problem or another. Beside selling this drivers with 2 different firmwares, intel refuses to offer firmware updates to users. While intel competiors using the same controller have been releasing improved firmware, for whatever reason intel doesn't work on improving the firmware in 510, which is by far from perfect.

What firmware your drive has? Mine is PPG4 .

Contact Intel support.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi,

They got corrupted our of the blue. That's the scary thing. Just one morning, chkdsk ran when I started up and my excel file was gone (0 bytes file size so it's not an Excel corruption issue).

The concern is, how many OTHER files are bad that I don't know about yet...

Tech support did answer (I was surprised). I was told to keep test it and if it happens again, to RMA it. I guess it's 3 strikes and your out.

How do you know what firmware you got?

Thanks,

Tanger

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Firmware will show in Intel SSD toolbox .

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Oops, didn't look closely enough.

I have PPG4