cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CrystalDiskInfo

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hey all,

I have just installed and run Crystaldiskinfo and it shows the health of my G2 as only 99% even after I ran the optimizer.....

why is this? and what can I do to get it back to 100%?

thanks

walshy

7 REPLIES 7

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Don't let it bug you that much, 99% is still good. I don't think there is anything you can do about it.

VPent
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi Walshy, ambizytl,

Here is smart data of my G1 drive

It was installed on the 15/08, and since then it is working (hard) at least 10 hours a day.

Until now there is little information about real SSD durability (most is manufacturer info), but i did some very crude calculations based in the above smart data:

the "Media Wearout Indicator" has decreased 2 units since that date, so until it goes to "0", i have aprox. 15 years left!!

The above estimative was based on what the Toolbox user guide says:

"Once the normalized value reaches 1, the number will not decrease, although it is likely that significant additional wear can be put on the device. Use the Normalized value for ths attribute".

This drive has endured much experimentation, BSOD's, OS installations, HDDerase's and similar things.

Also, i observed that the "bad sectors" increased from 0 to 7 after "enhanced Hdderase", "full format" and some BSOD.

Despite this rough treatment the drive is 99% good, whatever this means:

Also, i dont know why the "unsafe shutdown count" is so high if my computer does not have the cold bug and everything runs ok.

That has been my experience with ssd durability so far, so i would not be worried with the 99% your drive has.

I'd like to know your experience about this subject.

Regards

PS: i believe that re-allocated sector count and media wearout indicator are not resetable by any simple method, they are the drive signature.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hey Valdir,

Thanks very much for the input yeah I guess it doesn't appear to be too much of an issue, the drive is still performing amazing (like new) and hitting 240 - 250mb/s, but at the same time, 99% after just having it 2 weeks or so isnt great either....I'll give intel a call and ask for some suggestions, I may even return the drive if there is no fix for this slight anomaly.

Cheers again

Walshy