Intel® Optane™ Solid State Drives
Support for Issues Related to Solid State Drives based on Intel® Optane™ technology, Intel® MAS and Firmware Update Tool
435 Discussions

CrystalDriveMark results does not match online or youtube video.

DLam0
Beginner

I recently purchased 905p 960 GB drive, install on X399 Asus Zenith MB, with 1950 Threadripper. When I ran Crystal Drive Mark, I not getting the similar as what I see online. What am I doing wrong?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Esteban_C_Intel1
Employee

Hello DLam0,

Thank you for contacting the Intel Communities.

The performance of the SSD would depend on several factors to achieve it's best performance scores. Please review the following data to work on that matter.

-If the SSD is used as boot drive, the performance is going to be affected a bit (the results you see on the website were done with the drive as secondary)

-The scores or performance you get can change from one system to the other

-In order to look for the best settings on the OS and hardware, you may refer to the evaluation guide on the link below

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/memory-and-storage/IntelOptaneSSD_900P_SeriesEvalGuide.PDF

That can be used to test it out with the recommended configurations.

I hope I can hear back from you with the results.

Regards,

Esteban C

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Esteban_C_Intel1
Employee

Hello DLam0,

Thank you for contacting the Intel Communities.

The performance of the SSD would depend on several factors to achieve it's best performance scores. Please review the following data to work on that matter.

-If the SSD is used as boot drive, the performance is going to be affected a bit (the results you see on the website were done with the drive as secondary)

-The scores or performance you get can change from one system to the other

-In order to look for the best settings on the OS and hardware, you may refer to the evaluation guide on the link below

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/memory-and-storage/IntelOptaneSSD_900P_SeriesEvalGuide.PDF

That can be used to test it out with the recommended configurations.

I hope I can hear back from you with the results.

Regards,

Esteban C

0 Kudos
DLam0
Beginner

Thank You Esteban,

I reviewed the document provided. I was using PCI 2.0 instead PCIe 3. slot :).

Much better now..

Capture.PNG

Esteban_C_Intel1
Employee

I am glad to hear you got better scores with the information given.

If you happen to face further questions feel free to contact the Intel Communities back.

Regards,

Esteban C

0 Kudos