cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DC P3600 Series running at half speed

cmeit
New Contributor II

Just bought new kit.

Intel DC P3600 Series 800GB SSD PCI-e Adaptor Card Solid State Drive (SSDPEDME800G401)

Asus Xonar DX 7.1 PCI-Express Sound Card

Intel Core i7 5930K

32GB (4x8GB) DDR4 2400MHz Quad Channel Kit

Asus X99-S Intel X99 (Socket 2011) DDR4 ATX Motherboard

Microsoft Windows 8.1 64 Bit

2 x SLI GTX 980 video cards

System works fine. Intel SSD is configured with 8.1 and works will all the software

All bench testing on the components with PassMark shows they are all working fine except for the SSD which is only performing at 800Meg/s

I tried also using Atto bench test and got the same results. The drive is running slower than expected.

All the correct Intel drivers are installed. The Intel test package says it is working OK and link power manager is enabled.

However is read/write benchmarks are less than a 1/3 of what you would expect/ Any ideas guys, is it to do with not enough PCIe lanes being free ??

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

40 REPLIES 40

cmeit
New Contributor II

Got is working by clicking on volume. Test results show transfer rate of 642MBPS

I have attached test results

cmeit
New Contributor II

Getting the hang of this software more. Using worker 1 for all tests I get 238 MBPS write and 641.86 MBPS read ?

Horrible performance !!!

Johnny_Y_Intel
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Sorry to hear that, below are some suggestions about IOMeter test:

1. Fresh OS installation & stop or disable unnecessary programs e.g. Screen Saver, Windows Defender/System Protection, Virus Protection;
  2. Plug-in the SSD P3600 as secondary drive in clean image system; Create full capacity partition
  3. Secure Erase the SSD P3600 for out-of-box performance via Intel SSD Data Center Tool, you can download Intel SSD data Center Tool from here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/23931/Intel-Solid-State-Drive-Data-Center-Tool Intel® Download Center; and use command "isdct delete –intelssd X" to secure erase it in Command Prompt (run "isdct show -intelssd" first to get "X" value first);

If you still get very low performance result, then we need to check your system, for example, how about the SSD temperature? Since your system use 2 high-end graphics cards, it may heat P3600 SSD, if it is overheating, the performance will be lower. Or maybe you need to remove 1 graphics card to run test again...

BTW, could you please upload your screenshot in standard JPG format? Sorry I have no idea how to open .icf file...

cmeit
New Contributor II

This is fresh install of Windows 8. The whole system including both graphic cards are water cooled and running at 27C so heat is not an issue. Motherboard temps etc are very low. I need to run this drive in 'real' mode and get good performance using both the graphic cards etc. Removing one, disabling, virus protection etc is not the real world for performance testing.

Either the drive is faulty or there are settings on the motherboard etc that need enabling or the speeds quoted by Intel cannot be achieved on this drive ??

My previous system had the last generation of Intel SSD on an Intel 3960 X chip with twin GTX 680's and ran faster than this.???

cmeit
New Contributor II

Screen shots of test - horrible !!