cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DC P3600 Series running at half speed

cmeit
New Contributor II

Just bought new kit.

Intel DC P3600 Series 800GB SSD PCI-e Adaptor Card Solid State Drive (SSDPEDME800G401)

Asus Xonar DX 7.1 PCI-Express Sound Card

Intel Core i7 5930K

32GB (4x8GB) DDR4 2400MHz Quad Channel Kit

Asus X99-S Intel X99 (Socket 2011) DDR4 ATX Motherboard

Microsoft Windows 8.1 64 Bit

2 x SLI GTX 980 video cards

System works fine. Intel SSD is configured with 8.1 and works will all the software

All bench testing on the components with PassMark shows they are all working fine except for the SSD which is only performing at 800Meg/s

I tried also using Atto bench test and got the same results. The drive is running slower than expected.

All the correct Intel drivers are installed. The Intel test package says it is working OK and link power manager is enabled.

However is read/write benchmarks are less than a 1/3 of what you would expect/ Any ideas guys, is it to do with not enough PCIe lanes being free ??

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

40 REPLIES 40

cmeit
New Contributor II

The DRAM is standard, not certain about the sound card, it is the top of the range latest Asus Zonar.

Kei_K_Intel
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Okay thanks for response... Any chance you can change PCIe slot you are running the SSD in? (I realize that may be a pain, but I've seen differences in different slot with various motherboards

Kei_K_Intel
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Is this the sound card you have?

http://www.asus.com/us/Sound_Cards_and_DigitaltoAnalog_Converters/Xonar_DX/ http://www.asus.com/us/Sound_Cards_and_DigitaltoAnalog_Converters/Xonar_DX/

it says this card was designed for XP and Vista... I suspect this is an older card... Just for debug purposes, can you disconnect this device?

cmeit
New Contributor II

Hi Psig,

Ran the tool and it has amazing info on the system. Massive report with thousands of bits of data. Where do I find the data you want to look at on the report. Tons of info on secondary hard drive but only one line on the Intel SSD

Drive Model:NVMe INTEL SSDPEDME80 Drive Revision:8DV1 Device Type:Disk drive

Kei_K_Intel
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Awesome! Unfortunately, the system summary page is only a summary.. you will need to do a full export to get all the information

Look for an "export" function (maybe on another window related to the tool)... Export it to however format you like... (I prefer .xml). You will have to scroll down about halfway... Start looking for PCIe Devices... look to see what Gen speed they are functioning at.